A WISE Retreat Rehab for Men
• Grand Re-Opening July 1, 2020 •
A WISE Retreat is Now Accepting New Patients
Our Goal is to restore balance in every area of a man’s life –
Mind, Body and Spirit.
Addiction Recovery is an Essential Service
We always put the best interests of our clients first.
We are Accepting New Patients
We have met or exceeded the State of California statewide industry guidance protocols.
• All staff and visitors to wear surgical masks while in public areas. If surgical masks are unavailable due to a shortage of PPE, all staff and visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings.
• All staff and residents must be trained on how to wear PPE, including masks. Training resources include an instructional poster and videos for donning and doffing.
• Alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) are to be used when soap and water for hand washing is unavailable. Hand-hygiene practices to be used include: tissues, no-touch receptacles for disposal and facemasks at health care facility entrances, waiting rooms, resident check-ins.
• ABHR is to be accessible in all resident-care areas including inside and outside resident rooms.
• Management of laundry, food service utensils and medical waste should also be performed in accordance with routine procedures. All medical waste shall be disposed of in sterilite containers.
• Access to residential facilities is limited to current clients and essential staff and vendors. Visitors may be permitted on a very limited basis if they are granted an exception due to compassionate situations.
• Review with staff and clients how to screen themselves for symptoms.
A WISE Retreat Dual Diagnosis Rehab Program for Men
At A WISE Retreat Rehab for Men, we specialize in integrated evidence-based dual diagnosis treatment. We help those suffering from both substance use disorders, as well as mental health issues.
Our methods integrate evidence-based modalities with addiction rehab and mental health education. Education is a key factor in our program. We give our clients everything they need in order to improve the odds of long-term recovery.
We arm our clients with knowledge, coping skills, and tools. We help clients to make wiser decisions, change their behaviors and make better choices.
What are ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences)?
Dual diagnosis addiction treatment at A WISE Retreat includes ACEs.
Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) are traumatic events occurring before age 18.
A landmark study in the 1990s found a significant relationship between the number of ACEs a person experienced – and a variety of negative outcomes in adulthood. These include poor physical and mental health, substance abuse, and risky behaviors.
ACEs include all types of abuse and neglect. This includes potentially traumatic events such as domestic violence, parental addiction and more.
Traumatic events occur when the individual’s (child or adult) ability to process an event is overwhelmed. Trauma often creates a sense of horror and helplessness. Trauma can also be caused by serious injury; or the threat of serious injury or death. Traumatic events affect survivors, rescue workers, and the friends and relatives of those who have been involved.
Power Recovery Addiction Treatment Program for Men
The road to recovery is a lifelong journey that begins with the first step.
We understand the courage it takes to walk the road less traveled. That is why from the moment you walk through our doors – and long after you successfully complete our program – we are committed to guiding you every step of the way.
We understand the disease of addiction and the harmful effects it has on the brain, but we also understand the devastating impact drugs and alcohol have on the body, mental health, families, relationships, careers and social life.
That is why we developed our Power Recovery Treatment Program.
Overcoming addiction takes a human touch: empathy and compassion.
Addiction Recovery takes time, persistence and patience. It takes good nutrition with whole foods, fresh water, daily exercise, restorative REM sleep, mindfulness and meditation – and human connection.
At A WISE Retreat, we have developed the Power Recovery Treatment Program to encompass both Western and Eastern medicine in order to heal the whole person: Mind, Body and Spirit.
A WISE Retreat: We Treat the Whole Person
In addition to medications and therapy, our addiction treatment philosophy is to treat the Whole Person using holistic methodology.
Addiction is not a moral failing, therefore we never shame or blame our clients. Instead we teach our clients self-efficacy, self-control, self-confidence and motivate them to change their behaviors and their lives.
WISE – We Inspire, Support and Empower
Our local Northern California service area includes San Francisco, Bay Area, East Bay, Concord, Benicia, Berkeley, Walnut Creek, San Mateo, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Silicon Valley, Menlo Park and San Jose.
A WISE Retreat is a private and very affordable residential addiction treatment facility exclusively for men.
We have limited admissions for a few select clients and provide individualized, whole person dual diagnosis addiction treatment.
A WISE Retreat Rehab for Men specializes in integrative evidence-based dual diagnosis treatment. We treat men suffering from both substance use disorders as well as mental health issues.
Mind, Body and Spirit.
• Our resident to staff ratio is ideal for recovery.
• Our team of professional addiction specialists and staff members treat the whole person.
• We utilize the best evidence-based methodologies available.
• Our staff are some of the most compassionate, highly skilled recovery professionals located on the West Coast.